Recognizing dehydrated skin
Alligator skin is okay for your handbag but NOT for your face and body! Here are some tips for identifying and quenching dehydrated skin.
Our protective envelope, a window into our health… let’s talk about skin.
Temperature variations in both summer and winter sap skin’s ability to protect and regulate itself. With too much salt, too much alcohol or a diet lacking in fruits and vegetables, it will pay the price. Tobacco, too much sun, stress, certain medications or simply not enough water, and… dehydration strikes again.
« But what is dehydrated skin? »
Skin is 65% water… traveling from the dermis to the surface, soaking up everything in its path. This flow, known as Transepidermal Water Loss, is usually blocked by a protective barrier on the surface of the skin – the stratum corneum. If the stratum corneum is damaged by the phenomena described above, it will not be able to continue its role in monitoring water loss; water will no longer be correctly distributed, and… Bingo! The skin becomes dehydrated.
« The ABCs of dehydrated skin »
Uncomfortable, rough, or tight skin with emerging fine lines, or perhaps even unsightly flaking… such skin is desperate for hydration. How can you tell? Sudden cracking or tingling during your daily beauty ritual. And, don’t forget, this temporary condition can target any skin type: oily, mixed, dry… or simply normal.
« The hydration ritual, irrigation with a Valmont touch »
A suitable routine is to be designed with your beauty consultant or must integrate the following products… Come on board!
- Hydrate and prepare with Priming with a Hydrating Fluid mist,
- Intensify with the various hyaluronic acids contained in Moisturizing Booster,
- Crystallize the benefits thanks to the magic of Moisturing Serumulsion, as concentrated as a serum, with the comfort of an emulsion,
- Or opt for Moisturizing with a Cream, a treasure of DNA together with a moisturizing complex,
- Quench your skin’s thirst with Moisturizing with a Mask, to soothe and revitalize even the most parched skin.
Round out the ritual in the evening with the iconic Hydra3 Regenetic hydrating and anti-age duo. Summer will be swinging with the ultimate beauty routine for fabulously healthy skin!